Operator of the Year
Operator of the Year Award 2020 Requirements
The Awards Committee is charged with the selection of one operator from Alabama and one from Mississippi whose outstanding performance during the preceding year merits special recognition by the Section.
The Committee will receive applications until February 28, 2020. Following the application deadline, the Committee may evaluate each applicant through requests for additional information. The Committee shall make their own selection, using their best judgment of the nominated operator. The award shall be presented at the 2020 Alabama Mississippi Water Joint Annual Conference.
In order for an Operator to qualify for the Operator of the Year Award, the nominee must meet the following minimum requirement:
· The Operator must be a member OR employed by a member Utility, in good standing with the AL/MS Section of AWWA.
Operator Evaluation Criteria
Operators will be graded on the information provided in the application along with to accomplishments in the following areas:
· Continuous compliance with public health standards in finished water.
· Consistent and outstanding contribution to plant maintenance thereby prolonging the useful lives of equipment.
· The development of new and/or modified equipment or significant process modifications to provide for a more efficient or effective treatment.
· Special efforts in the training of treatment plant operators.
· Special acts not directly related to water treatment but which demonstrate dedication to the public beyond the normal operating responsibilities.
· Consistent and outstanding contribution to operation and/or maintenance of distribution lines, pump stations, and reservoirs.
Click HERE to download Application Form