Distribution System of the Year
The Awards Committee is charged with the selection of one distribution system from Alabama AND one from Mississippi whose outstanding performance during the preceding year merits special recognition by the Section. Recipients of the award will have demonstrated that it performs quality water system maintenance procedures through the efficient use of labor, materials, equipment, and innovative methods to keep its distribution system in good working condition to minimize health hazards.
In order for your Utility to qualify for the Water Distribution System of the Year Award, it must meet the following minimum requirements:
• The Utility OR an employee of the utility must be a member in good standing with the AL/MS Section of AWWA.
• The Utility must be in compliance with all regulatory agencies.
o points will be deducted for water quality violations.
The Committee will receive applications until February 28, 2020. The ENTIRE application cannot exceed 10 pages, otherwise penalty points will be deducted. Following the application deadline, the Committee may evaluate each applicant through requests for additional information and/or an evaluation of the utility by way of a site visit. The Committee shall make their own selection, using their best judgment of the utility, based on additional information requested and/or the evaluation completed while visiting the utility. The award shall be presented at the 2020 Alabama Mississippi Water Joint Annual Conference.
Distribution System Evaluation Criteria
Systems will be graded on the criteria below. Site visits may be required for obtaining portions of the criteria listed below. Please remit the following information in essay form or a brief description for consideration. Pictures may be attached as deemed necessary. Additional pages may be added to the application as needed. However, the ENTIRE application cannot exceed 10 pages, otherwise penalty points will be deducted.
· Performance Measures (including, but not limited to, water quality; main breaks/leaks; service breaks/leaks; water loss; incidents of pressure loss within system/boil water notices; record of NOVs; and response procedures)
· Operational Recordkeeping/Regulatory Compliance
· System Maintenance Program
· Operator/Personnel Training Program
· Safety Program/Safety Guidelines
· Cross Connection/Control Program
· Meter Testing Program
· List of Milestones or Accomplishments in the past year
Click HERE to download the application